Tuesday – Thursday 9am to 2.30pm
A service for women by women.
Information and advice is available on all aspects of women’s health. Make an appointment to see our qualified nurse.
- Fertility Awareness
- Pregnancy Choices (including Unplanned Pregnancy, Terminations, Support)
- Menopause Issues
- Period Problems
- Any other health concerns you may have.
We provide telephone, one to one, or community education, on women’s health topics. We are also able to do pregnancy testing and offer follow up support.
Unplanned Pregnancy Information, Counselling and Referral Service
Nola (Counsellor) 9am – 3.30pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Christina (Registered Nurse) 9am – 2.30pm Tuesday – Thursday
Do you need help with concerns surrounding an unplanned pregnancy?
Our philosophy is pro-choice which means we can help you explore all options and support you in whatever choice you make.
We can provide for you a service that is:
- Pro-choice – exploring all options to make an informed decision
- Information, counselling and referral
- Non-judgemental – the right to make an informed choice for you
- Clinical assessment and counselling by qualified nurse and counsellor
- Safe and supportive
- No referral required
- Ongoing support if needed
- Free and confidential service
Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9am to 3:30pm
Our counselling service enables women to seek solutions in an understanding and supportive environment. The service provides women with short term support.
This service is available by appointment only. We ask that if you are unable to make your appointment that you give us 24 hours’ notice.
Our qualified counsellor is available for appointments on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and alternate Thursday afternoons.
To make an appointment just phone our friendly reception staff.
This is not a crisis centre and therefore we do not offer a 24 hour service.
Well Women’s Clinic
Monday 9am to 12 noon
We take a holistic approach to empowering women to care for their health and well-being. All of our Well Women’s Clinic services are provided by a qualified nurse.
The centre offers:
- Cervical Screening clinic
- Education on breast self-examinations
- A thorough discussion on all women’s health issues with our nurse
- If you have not had a Pap smear for the past 3 years, you are aged between 25-74, then book with our Women’s Health Nurse, Lorelle, for the new Cervical Screening test.
- This test is a more accurate than the Pap test and is offered by SWWHIC on Monday’s.
Free STI Clinic
This Service currently not available
Active Women’s Programs / Events and Workshops
We run active women’s groups that look at empowering women with getting active in their everyday lives. We have regular weekly groups and many other workshops that you can get involved in.
See our Events page for more info.
Note: events and workshops vary and are organised on a demand basis / current climate
Get in touch
To get the latest news direct to your inbox
WARNING: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are advised that this website contains the name and images of people who have died.