Tuesday – Thursday 9am to 2.30 with Christina
A service for women by women.
Information and advice is available on all aspects of women’s health. Make an appointment to see our qualified nurse.
- Fertility Awareness
- Pregnancy Choices (including Unplanned Pregnancy, Terminations, Support)
- Menopause Issues
- Period Problems
- Any other health concerns you may have.
We provide telephone, one to one or community education on women’s health topics. We are also able to do pregnancy testing and offer follow up support.
Unplanned Pregnancy Information, Counselling and Referral Service
Nola (Counseller) 9am – 3.30m Tuesday, Wednesday and alternate Thursdays
Christina (Registered Nurse) 9am – 2.30pm Tuesday – Thursday
Do you need help with concerns surrounding an unplanned pregnancy?
Our philosophy is pro-choice which means we can help you explore all options and support you in whatever choice you make.
We can provide for you a service that is:
- Pro-choice – exploring all options to make informed decision
- Information, counselling and referral
- Non-judgemental – the right to make an informed choice for you
- Clinical assessment and counselling by qualified nurse and counsellor
- Safe and supportive
- No referral required
- Ongoing support if needed
- Free and confidential service
Tuesdays, Wednesdays & alternate Thursdays 9am to 3:30pm with Nola
Our counselling service enables women to seek solutions in an understanding and supportive environment. The service provides women with short term support.
This service is available by appointment only. We ask that if you are unable to make your appointment that you give us 24 hours’ notice.
If you have any concern regarding fees please discuss this with us.
Our qualified counsellor is available for appointments on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and alternate Thursdays
To make an appointment just phone our friendly reception staff on 9791 3350
This is not a crisis centre and therefore we do not offer a 24 hour service.
Well Women’s Clinic
Monday 9am to 12 noon with Lorelle
We take a holistic approach to empowering women to care for their health and well-being. All of our Well Women’s Clinic services are provided by a qualified nurse.
The centre offers:
- Cervical Screening clinic
- Education on breast self-examinations
- A thorough discussion on all women’s health issues with our Nurse
- If you have not had a Pap smear for the past 3 years, you are aged between 25-74, then book with our Women’s Health Nurse, Lorelle for the New Cervical Screening test.
- This test is a more accurate than the Pap test and is offered by SWWHIC on Monday’s.
Monday 9am to 12 noon with Lorelle.
Free STI Clinic
Monday 1:30pm to 3pm
Our experienced Women’s Health Nurse can provide free and confidential testing at our weekly STI clinic. Provided you are over 16 years of age and do not currently have any symptoms, a simple test can be taken for common sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea. Appropriate advice and follow up is given if necessary. There is no charge for the appointment or testing.
Call and book in with our Women’s Health Nurse on 9791 3350
Active Women’s Programs / Events and Workshops
We run active women’s groups that look at empowering women with getting active in their everyday lives. We have regular weekly groups and many other workshops that you can get involved in.
Note: events and workshops vary and are organised on a demand basis / current climate
Get in touch
To get the latest news in a MailChimp letter sent to your email address with your approval
WARNING: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are advised that this website contains the name and images of people who have died.